Sunday, September 4, 2011

Here It Goes

Well, I'm out here in VA at college, and it's pretty amazing so far. I not only mean that in the 'this-is-cool' sense; I also mean it in the 'I'm-amazed-this-all-exists' sense! There's so much green, so many hills (that I have to climb every day), so much water running on the ground and just up in the air (humidity, that strange thing)... It's pretty much a shocker coming from drought-parched TX. But it's pretty fun.

There are sooo many activities going on - I understand when people say don't try to do everything! I don't even think that's even physically possible, with all the different organizations going on simultaneously and everything. (and I'm even at a small college!)

Though, that does bring up the fact that I'm part of the largest group of incoming students ever here, a record 400 new freshman, and a total of 800 students this semester! Definitely a change from the 115 or so kids at my entire high school.

Since coming here, I've been to two dances, an impromptu performance, and one full week's worth of classes. I'm currently still working out kinks in my schedule, and that won't be worked out until after Wednesday. Hopefully, it all works out. On the good side, I've been suggested by the Spanish teacher to wait until next semester to enroll in Spanish IV! Definitly makes me more proud of my Spanish skills I didn't think I had much of~ (though not necessarily less nervous)

Health-wise, I'm trying to keep working on my Trigger Point Therapy with a tennis ball at least twice a day, which is mostly working out. The yoga part of my routine isn't so consistent, but it's still in existance, so I'm happy about that. I really miss drawing consistently, but I'm still getting used to a schedule of some sort. Once that settles down, I'm pretty sure it'll be better. Especially after this first two weeks of math....

Grr; college Algebra isn't necessarily impossible, it's just math has always been a subject that requries much effort on my part. And the publisher doesn't even have their books out yet; we're going off of handouts at the moment. Plus an online source, which keeps blocking my entries for answers for some reason. Hoping to work that out with the professor this next week.

Well, I suppose I ought to get off right about now; my arms are kinda burning again. Time for the ice-pack!
Renting a mini-fridge with a freezer is nice~ ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh so good to hear from you Ruth! I'll bet VA is quite a change from West TX, and living with roommates still more change. You'll do well - how do you like your institute classes? Are all your roommates LDS? We love you lots and pray for your success and well-being. Love Grandma and Grandpa Crook. Keep up the good work on the blog - even if you just write a little it will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally!!!
    I was tired of not knowing whats going on wif joo >.<'
    I am so happy you are enjoying yourself *jealous of all the dances you have been to* XP Keep up your work and don't hesitate to call me if you ever need help wrestling with that math class (ninja rock)
    Keep in touch~

    ReplyDelete