Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ever Onward

Just want to take a moment to ask everyone to think back to where they were when they heard of the Sept. 11 attacks back in 2001. Just remember for a few moments when everything about foreign relations and other things changed.
I was in my 3rd grade classroom, huddling with everyone else in my class around a kid with hearing aids listening as our teacher was told (outside of the room) what had happened; she'd forgotten to turn off her microphone.
I didn't really understand the fullness of what had happened, but I remember it nevertheless.


Alright, on to happier things~


This past week has been rather full - successfully switched to the Health & Wellness class, and the book is a lot more realevant than I expected. There's even self-assessments in there to help figure out where you may stand or give ideas to get you going. I'm liking it~ (though unfortunately, the site with the quizzes still won't let me in... The teacher says he has no problems gaining access with my information though. Frustrating.)

On Friday there's no Health & Wellness class, so at that time I went to BodyFlow for the first time. (I only recently recieved notification there would even  BE a class) It's a mixture of yoga, Tai Chi, and pilates. By the end of the hour (and at various points during it), I was shaking with the effort; but I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to go until one becomes used to it. I'll only be able to go once a week, in-between classes, but I'm going to continue for a while to see how it goes. I've been wanting a class with at least some yoga in it and haven't really been able to find anything. I still have this AM stretch DVD I brought with me, but I was hoping to do a little more. Over the next few weeks, I guess I'll find out if that's even physically possible.

At the end of church today, they handed out Visiting Teaching partners and 'students'. I'm lucky enough to know at least one of the people on my list - I get to teach one of my roomates~ My partner and the other girl on the list, though, I've yet to meet. I suppose that'll be happening over the next month.

Speaking of months, next one is October! Anyone else excited for Halloween?
Of course, I've yet to come up with a costume for this year, but more than likely I'll wear what I did last year - steampunk herpetologist~ Always interesting to see people's reactions! (now I just gotta get the rest of my costume from TX... probably...)

2 comments:

  1. I will never forget 9/11/01. I was at work and someone had a TV there - we watched in total disbelief! Yes, we were all scared too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at home in the morning, couldn't tear myself from the TV watching the disaster. I still remember the shock and horror I felt that this could have happened. I went to work that afternoon and had tourists asking lots of questions since they had been out of touch and not knowing much. It was hard to talk some of the time and the feeling of disbelief and shock was every where.

    ReplyDelete