Sunday, March 17, 2013

Wheel Keeps Rolling

So... I'm good at keeping track of things. I just don't share them very quickly. :3'

Spring break has come and gone for me here at school. I spent most of it happily engrossed in books (got through 9 mangas!), and keeping my foot up, for my left large toe had somehow gotten infected and I had to get the toenail removed. It's still recovering from that currently, but I'm not hobbling really anymore, and I can usually keep my foot down for the entire day, with only occasional elevation time periods, instead of visa-verse.

Schoolwork-wise, I am in another Art class this semester: 2D Design. It's really quite fun, although challenging for sure. Mostly because of the time it requires. My arms don't always like it when I spend hours at a time painting or sketching. The class is great though - there are so may talented people in there! I love seeing what they all can do~
I'm also in Ethics this semester, which is rather interesting. I read a book about lying for it, and I am consequently thinking of buying the book for myself... It's called "Lying: Moral Choice in Public and Private Life" by Sisela Bok. I recorded so many notes/quotes from it.... X3
Other classes of mine this semester include Beginning Ballet, Arts in Western Civilization part two, and Intermediate Creative Writing~ And, of course, Institute, but that's been a constant during all my semesters. And will continue to be.

I've decided to step down from my position as Photos Editor for The Paladin, our school newspaper. While it paid and is a good job, it just... I am doing a lot. I'm getting paid better for being a Spanish tutor this semester. And while I cannot cease being a part of The Paladin because I've been with it since my first semester, I will no longer be officially part of staff. Nor will I endeavor to take those responsibilities again, at least this semester. Too much else to do.
Speaking of such - I'm now one of the leaders of the creative writing club on campus, The Underground. I'm really hoping it goes well. A lot of people are going to be graduating and moving on - I will endeavor to keep things alive whilst changes occur.
I know it sounds like I'm simply replacing a nice paid position with a non-paid more intensive position, but really I don't think I am. The Underground won't require me to be aware of every single activity going on on campus. And while I will probably invest some more time into it than my other position, it will be more of what I want; writing is really something that I want to get more invested in. I love photography, but I'm not huge on the public-relations portion of it. I can do it, and I know it's necessary, but it's not the avenue of photography I'd want to pursue for myself. Writing is. Writing always will be. Being a part of The Underground like this will be most... intriguing~ And exciting, I believe.

The Doctor Who Club is going to be needing a leader for the next semester, but I'm not going to be doing that. I really love the club, and what we do do is tons of fun. We got together just this past Friday and watched "The Fires of Pompeii". We had discussions regarding the role of responsibility, and how it can and/or should be used. We also talked about time, and fixed point possibilities, and it really reminded me of Metaphysics quite a bit~ Our sponsorial professor Dr. Jones was able to be there for a while, and he's always so good at these kind of discussions~! (He's the Metaphysics teacher too. XD) We also found out that we have collected about 1133 boxtops this year thus far!! We put TARDISes around the school to collect for the local schools. The campaign has been getting better each year~

Hm... Not sure what else to say. Attempting to write, getting more notes transcribed to the computer...

That's all for now, I suppose~

No comments:

Post a Comment