Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone!
I took a doodle I did during sacrament today and scanned it, then painted it in Photoshop~ :3
I was originally planning on using the tempura paints I have to actually paint it, but I realized that 1) getting the right colors with the awfully-translucent paints I have would be super frustrating, and b) that it would take forever to do, and I knew there were other things to get done. Plus, 3) my arms would not like me very well afterwards, since I'd probably do it all in one sitting... <w<'
This only took about an hour or so~ :)
I'm so happy with that tree~!! I usually make them look super-awkward and stuff! While it's not amazing, it's my best one yet! <3

...Moving on.

Yesterday I got the opportunity to go to Washington D.C. for a class trip, and we went to the National Gallery of Art! I went once last semester for a different class, and there are still a number of things I haven't seen! Here's me in front of the main rotunda fountain of Hermes. All the fountains were all decked out for Easter. Or maybe it was for the Cherry Blossom Festival...? Or the National Kite Day? I don't really know. There was a lot going on, but I'm assuming they were celebrating Easter.

And there are so many things I love to just sit and look at! Like Degas. He was so talented - there's a whole room dedicated to his statues of ballerinas/dancers and horses, pretty much. I love looking at the crazy poses he was able to get! Not only that, but he did some wonderful paintings, too. They were scattered around on the upper floor.

*sigh* Alas, we had a packet to fill out, which did allow us a nice semi-overview of a good portion of the building. However, there was just so much to do... but I loved the time I had there. I was with my roommate, and we did the packet (same class), and looked around a bit.

Then, we went over to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History! Goodness; smaller building, sort-of, but packed full of amazingness!! We spent the most time in the mammals area~


 The top one actually was a lead into the gift shop, but a good portion of the rest of the animals were similarly action-posed! And the second picture is an interesting little area talking about how the dingo (front) is still around, and has outlived the thylacine (in the back), believed now to be extinct. I couldn't help but think of Tazza!! <3


I also oogled over the bones section for a while~ <3 Next time, I'll plan on just spending a day in this museum or something so I will be able to actually assimilate more information.

 We briefly saw the Hope Diamond - it's really quite pretty, but the mob surrounding it was ridiculous!! I mean, look at that!

After that, quick jaunts to the gift stores to get magnets, and then it was time to head out! We were in D.C. for about 5-6 hours. There was a lot to see and do, and we only did a fraction. I am perfectly fine with that, though.
And Allan now has evidence he travels with me!

Then, after we got back from that, my roomie and I hoofed it to a cafe in town to get to our RA's concert! She's really quite good - writes and sings her own music for keyboard. She doesn't have anything for sale yet, but she's working on it~ ^.^
So... since my car is getting fixed right now, we walked there and back up the hills to our dorm, after walking all over in D.C.. My legs are kind-of letting me know, but not nearly as bad as I was anticipating. (Of course, talk to me tomorrow, and we'll see. XD)


That was yesterday, the 30th. On Tuesday the 26th, I had an experience I will remember for the rest of my life with happiness and joy. I got to go see a Broadway production of Les Miserables~!!!!!!!! *scream of joy*
Same theater in Richmond in which I saw Wicked and The Lion King. I love that place so barking much.
I know the story of Les Mis by heart; have read the book (unabridged), listened to and seen the 10th anniversary I don't know how many times, listened to the 25th anniversary as well (doesn't stick in my mind as much, though)... I'll be seeing the new movie once I get home. I wasn't sure if I'd ever get to see the musical performed though.
AND then this opportunity came up. I got medium-priced seating from the school, and ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. <3 I really should have known that I'd need tissues though. Really. I noticed later that my hands were rather salty because of all the tears I wiped away. >w< Usually, I don't cry so much, but Les Mis is a crazy spot for me. I cried at the end of the book. I cried when I first saw the anniversary performance. I expected to cry here, but got so excited I forgot tissues. XD AH well - I survived. And loved it. So barking much. <3 <3

I noticed a lot of things, some new, at least to me, and some not so new but wonderful reminders. So, I wanted to catch you all up with my craziness, and also wish you a happy Easter. I love the gospel, and I love the people in my life. Thank you for helping me look again at some of the things I've done.

School will be done next month... *sigh* I will do as best I can for the rest of this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment